Monday, August 13, 2007

fabric stash at QBL

sew much fabric sew little time!! my we have come a long way. from using old clothes & feedsacks for quilts. Now if we are in a class and we need something - rather want something - we can just pop down to the merchants mall & buy it!!
There is something to be said for limits. Having all the fabric in the world at your fingertips doesn't necessarily make for a better quilt. I brought a large amount of fabric to Carol's and still had lots less than some others. I ended up using many of them but edited them back to a more manageable palette.

but I digress.........I did manage to do some shopping at the merchants' mall. I like to get things that I can't always find elsewhere. I got lovely felted handbags from Nepal for $14. and matching felted balls. I couldn't make them for that price. I bought 5 books by Doubletrouble Press - Jan Beaney & Jean Littlejohn's stuff. They will be in Ontario in the fall but everything is booked!!
I'm not a big fan of co-ordinated things. furniture, clothes, bedding, fabric. but I may have to change my opinion if the fabric designers keep this up!
a gorgeous collection of fabrics called Beatnik. I love the colours and they go so well with the piece of dyed cotton sateen I bought from Carol Soderlund.
I'm thinking of a very modern quilt pattern - something like this.
what do you think?

2 comments:

M said...

I love it Maggie!Can't wait to see all the new and exciting things you got going next month!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

That pattern would be stunning with those hot colours. (well I guess they're technically "cool" colours huh? heehee

OXO mel